First U.S. Patent Issued Under USPTO Accelerated U.S. Patent Review Program !!
Well, the first patent has issued under the procedure! But to be fair, I should also mention that I did not see how many patent applications were rejected.
The procedure is a bit more complex than a regular patent application submission. In essence:
- the Inventor has a thorough patent search conducted including citations to particular classes of inventions;
- the Inventor is required to explain the difference between the references and the invention;
- the patent application is limited to a single invention;
- the patent application is limited to 3 independent and 20 total claims;
- a fee is required;
- support for all claims must be shown; and
- a few more requirements
More information about the patent process can be found by visiting our patent and trademark law firm web site.